OUR PICK OF PRE-FALL 2011 - FASHION JUNIOR

Posted by Fashion Junior at Large 

Following on from Fashion Editor's post about Giles and his thoughts on the current pre-fall collections, we decided to do our own personal edit of the looks. The pre-fall collections are so desirable, it was nigh-on impossible to whittle them down to just these few looks, but here are my dream outfits:


Celine - It was something akin to torture to pick one outfit from the collection, which was a chic, Sixties-fest, but this outfit came out on top as my ideal daywear. I do enjoy a bit of houndstooth. 


Who wouldn't want to be dressed as a sparkler, if Erdem was creating the outfit? Fireworks are are an inspired move for the master of print, and I like the 'subversive librarian' feel of a blazer and maxi skirt combination. 

Monochrome, velvet, sheer billowing sleeves and a massive witchy pendant: yes please, Lanvin.

How beautiful? No-one does romantic like Valentino. I think I would goth-up this frock though, with dark make up and heaps of jewels, just to balance out the frou-frou. Then I would wander around pretending to be Kate Bush.

Perfect pink by Derek Lam. This minimalist frock, in my opinion, is just crying out for a 'Jackie O circa 1967 hairstyle' and a stunning necklace. But that might be my inner drag-queen talking. Regardless, this is a knock out frock in the colour of the season.

Up next, the Fash Ed get's the big-head treatment as she models her favourite pre-fall looks.

PS. With thanks to Anna Dello Russo...

Images: Style.com