Etsy VFGteam Featured Seller

Welcome to our new VFG Blog series featuring members of the VFGteam at Etsy!
You will be introduced to a different Team member in each new post. Please check out our Team Gallery page here.

Today's featured seller is Gail and you can visit her shop GailDavid's Memory Lane here.

1. When did you first get interested in vintage fashion & why?

I consider myself an everyday/average person with no interesting background in fashion. My interest started 11 years ago as I ascended my attic stairs and started to purge my house of unwanted items. My husband and I raised six children and had generous friends and family who donated many sacks of clothing to help us out. The unused items eventually made their way into my attic. My first bag revealed an Alfred Shaheen skirt which I researched and sold on eBay for a nice sum of $75. Each new treasure became a learning block to build upon. Eventually, the bags were empty but I had developed a passion for more. In order to continue my new-found interest, I needed to search outside my private box and checked out antique stores, sales, thrift stores, etc. The hunt is as exciting as the sale, in my humble opinion.

2. Do you regularly wear vintage?

Although I have yet to find a piece of vintage that fits me well and flatters my figure, I do carry a special vintage purse which generates lots of praise from people I meet. I can understand why those with "normal" figures seek out good quality vintage to wear on a regular basis: the fabrics and styles make the wearer very unique.

3. Do you have a Holy Grail?

I don't really have a specific "Holy Grail" item. Each time I come across a "new" label for me, I am equally as excited. (Although I must admit when I won two Puccis at an auction I thought my heart would stop!)

4. If you could visit the atelier of any fashion designer (dead or alive), who would it be?

I honestly do not have a favorite designer. My eye is more drawn to a fabulous print...or a specific era.

5. What do you see as the future of vintage?

Although I know time is not standing still, I have a hard time comprehending that anything past the 70's is vintage ;>)
I do feel it will be harder and harder to find items from the eras I enjoy. And, although there are many modern designers whose works will undoubtedly be sought-after in the future, I will continue my personal search-and-rescue mission for pre-80s items.

6. What is your favorite item in your shop?

Currently, my favorite item in my shop is the mouton fur coat in a generous XL or 1X size!
I so wish I was taller ......it would definitely be in my personal closet!!!
I do have many other items to add to my shop and my favorite is bound to change. Stay tuned...

Here are a few more items from Gail's shop:

Vintage 60s Cobalt Blue Silk Cocktail Party Mad Men Dress S

Vintage 60s Mad Men Damask Marilyn Wiggle Dress w Rabbit Fur Trim S

Vintage 1950s 50s Plum Shelf Bust Taffeta Party Evening Dress S M

Vintage 60s Mad Men Floral Sheer Sun Dress Jacket and Belt S M