Etsy VFGteam Featured Seller

Welcome to our new VFG Blog series featuring members of the VFGteam at Etsy!
You will be introduced to a different Team member in each new post. Please check out our Team Gallery page here.

Today's featured seller is Hollis Jenkins-Evans and you can visit her shop Past Perfect Vintage Clothing here. Her website is pastperfectvintage.com

1. When did you first get interested in vintage fashion & why?

I noticed vintage clothing back in the Dark Ages of the late 70s when I was in college and really starting to study costume history and do research. I saw there were actual Victorian and Edwardian dresses still hanging around in antique shops. Then I found an actual Vintage clothing store, and I was fascinated to see the actual clothing I was studying in classes.

2. Do you regularly wear vintage?

Oh yes. I have been rebuilding my wardrobe for the last year and a half, and vintage acquisitions are a major part of the plan. As I find vintage pieces I love, I am coordinating thrift and modern garments to work with them. And I am still in a 49er Jacket phase.

3. Do you have a Holy Grail?

My holy grail is the next great find - a designer I haven't handled or seen in a long time. I just found my first good Halston. Now to find a good Claire McCardell!

4. If you could visit the atelier of any fashion designer (dead or alive), who would it be?

That would be a tie : Norman Norell vs. Gilbert Adrian. Too close to call. Obviously, I am a fan of both fine tailoring and grand gowns.

5. What do you see as the future of vintage?

I see even more international exchange of vintage clothing - a huge portion of our clients are now outside the USA. I also see the need for larger sizes for the modern woman meaning that that will be even greater interest in post 50s clothing with looser fits and knits. I also think we will see a lot more 80s and 90s clothing due to availability and larger sizes.

6. What is your favorite item in your shop?

I just put it up:
Antique 1880s Victorian Bustle Print Cotton Dress


Here are a few more items from Hollis's shop:
Vintage 1920s Black, Green and Gold Chiffon Tunic Dress with Fringe


Vintage 1960s or 70s Bark Cloth Hawaiian Dress with Green Orchids in Beautiful Colors

Sweet Vintage 1950s Bouffant Coral Organza Party Dress

Sporty 1940s Vintage Floral Linen Pants and Blouse Set